Saturday, March 16, 7:00 PM at the Lendrum Community Hall (11335 - 57 Ave.)
7:00 PM - Meet and Greet
7:15 PM - Annual General Meeting & Election of Officers: reports, 2019 programs, etc.
8:15 PM - Dessert Break, Photo Contest voting for Best in Show, Trip plans sharing
8:40 PM - Edmonton Area Land Trust - An annotated photo introduction to area sites - by
Meghan Jacklin, Edmonton Area Land Trust -- Volunteer Coordinator (and 2nd gen Ceyanaite!)
9:30 PM - Photo Contest results
* As with recent socials the club will ensure there are refreshments, and we request members bring along a small dessert / snack offering to share. We request that members bring a mug for drinks, and a plate or bowl and spoon for the treats.
Ceyana's First Photo Contest
We would like to have a modest first club photo contest. We have great photographers as our Annual Slides & Lies has shown over the years. Now is an opportunity to contribute to the club's photo archives and possibly garner yourself a framed an printed (8" x 10") copy of a winning submission. We would like submissions for the following subjects:
- Nature & Wildlife from your canoe/kayak or camping
- People and Personalities from club or family trips in 2018
- White Water shots from 2018
- Historical Club Photos (more than ten years old)
- Scenic Photos that stir a paddler's heart or imagination from 2018
Contest Rules & Guidelines
Submissions are to be digital file format, either .jpg, or .jpeg, and larger than 4 mb, and smaller than 10 mb in overall size at 300 dpi.
No more than one entry per category per photographer = 5 in total.
All submissions must note location, date, subject (if identifiable people are included) and photographer, Other than historical photos, these must be 2018 paddling pictures.
Submissions must be received by 12:00 PM March 3rd, 2019
Interested Participants must contact <email@example.com> by March 1 to receive the submission process... likely a Drop Box folder that will require a password, or e-mail access.
Photos will be judged on clarity, focus, composition, framing, impact and application to subject.
Participants in submitting their photos are agreeing that such submissions may be added to the club archives and used in club digital and print publications.
Volunteers - I am looking for a volunteer or two to help judge this contest - please drop me a note if interested and reasonably skilled in handling graphic files digitally <firstname.lastname@example.org>.